Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweet home Chicago

Sunday has been a day of rest. Three things I miss the most when I am on the road include:

1) Martin,
2) yoga, and
3) homecooked food, both the making and the eating thereof.

So today, Martin and I made eggs and blueberry-sour cream muffins for Elisa and Abby, who were still crashing with us. Abby's second muffin is pictured here; the eggs are long since devoured: After I went to yoga, Martin and I made potato kale soup. Martin is pictured here, moving with lightning speed to get the kale in soup-ready shape: My sister Beth and her husband Nick are on their way over with homemade bread and strawberry cake, and Kyle will be joining us, both so he can meet the fam, and so he can get a lift to the airport with me and Martin, since we fly out of O'Hare at 6:00 am. If you are in or near Boston/Brookline, MA tomorrow night, be sure to come hear us read with the inimitable Steve Almond!

No comments: